Monday, July 13, 2009

'all we are' - music video


i've always believed in music, the art of creation is a hand in hand partnership of both audio and imagination. seeing imagination come to life in video is both a vision of the artist and director and a culmination of what great minds can achieve.

with that said, i'd like to present you with my first music video for a song called 'all we are'. they say the first time is the best and honestly i think its true. the first time we do anything we learn, if we're fortunate enough to take in what is happening, and with learning we grow. i hope this to be the first of many videos.

when i wrote this song and went into the studio to record it with rob freeman, i didn't know it'd be the song i'd choose as my first video, but i'm glad it was. it's one of my personal favorites and a song of moving on past negativity and onto something better in your life.

before i get to it, i'd like to take a moment to thank some of the people who made this video possible -

meredith koko - for an incredible job directing both conceptually and visually.
andre dean rebuquiao - for muscling through long hours of holding that camera and still maintaining the steadiest hands in north america.
laura manning - for being the incredible/beautiful leading female role in the video.
jessica chase - for letting us use your families beautiful house to shoot in.
the band - larry turco (drums), nick demaio (bass) and joseph grazi (guitar) for rocking out and just being awesome at life.
tyna - for always reminding me this is her favorite song of mine. : )

on a more personal note i'd like to thank the 2 people who keep me sane at all times, though it may not seem like my levels of sanity are all there haha - jeffrey and eli. you are both my brothers, best friends and make up my other half. you both mean the world to me and i wouldn't be where i am today without all your help, insight
and the constant fire under my ass. thank you.

lastly - i'd like to say thank you to my friends, family and fans. every person who's ever come out to a show, written me a message/comment/text/email or called me saying my music has been a part of your day or influenced you in some way, shape or form. over the course of my journey through music, you have been the reason i create. music is my life, and you are the blood that flows to my heart. thank you all for being here since the start of this and i hope with all i have to hope on, you will continue this with me to the top.

i hope you enjoy the video!



- stevenbaggs

No comments: